Rainforest Activities at Lookout Inn Lodge - Costa Rica
There are many rainforest activities waiting for you at the secluded Lookout Inn Lodge in beautiful Costa Rica. How about horseback riding in the rainforest or on an unsoiled black sand beach? What about a hike in the famous Corcovado National Park? Does yoga in the morning or an afternoon massage sound appealing? Perhaps you want to take a snooze on the beach with sounds of ocean waves and Scarlet Macaws flying overhead. Reserve your room today - no matter what you want to do, there are plenty of rainforest activities for you at Lookout Inn Lodge – Costa Rica!
Take your choice; some of these rainforest activities are included in your daily rate and others have tour rates*.
Here is just a small sampling of rainforest activities at Costa Rica's Lookout Inn Lodge:
- Hike up the Stairway to Heaven
- Visit Our Frog Ponds
- Go hiking on local trails
- How about getting hitched? Get Married in the rainforest or our secluded black sand beach! Lookout Inn Lodge is a perfect location for an intimate wedding ceremony and honeymoon destination!
- Horseback riding on the beach - ride a horse along jungle trails or just down the road and be visited by scarlet macaws, monkeys, coatis; travel on your own or a guide is no problem. Spend as much time as you like or until your saddle gets sore.
- Hike to Corcovado National Park
- Take a Dolphin Watch Cruise with Delfin Blanco
- Take the canoe down to the lagoon for some great photographic opportunities
- Swim or bodyboard / boogie board in the Pacific
- Surf at Carate or a bit down the road in Matapalo - for surfing in Costa Rica see www.costaricasurfing.org
- Kayak in the waves in front of Lookout Inn Lodge or the nearby lagoon
- Try Gold Panning in Rio Carate
- Let us arrange a deep sea fishing trip for you.
- Look for turtles on the beach
- Use the sea kayaks to visit local fishing boats and barter for the fresh catch of the day
- Go fishing from the beach
- Bird watch until your heart's content, especially the Scarlet Macaws (see our bird list here)
- Hike to nearby waterfall and enjoy a packed lunch in this tranquil place
- Explore the remote pristine beaches and perhaps see some sea turtles
- Watch the dolphins and whales jumping in the ocean
- Have a cold beer or "Cuba Libre" at the bar
- Star watch at night with the powerful telescope
- Participate in sunrise yoga (Tibetan Rites) every morning
- Arrange to go for an eco tour with one of the local tour companies
- Volunteer to help Save Sea Turtles
There are many other water-based and rainforest activities to consider. At our hidden eco lodge, Lookout Inn Lodge has something for you to do from sun up to sun down—or you can do nothing all day except relax. That's OK with us; it's your holiday. Do as you wish. For those of you who would rather sit by a pool, read, take in some sun and take a cool dip—we have a fresh water pool in our garden area. Have questions about Lookout Inn Lodge? Be sure to review our What to Expect page!
*Note: some of these fun things to do, like horseback riding on the beach or gold panning in Rio Carate have additional costs and others, such as deep sea sport fishing and hiking in Corcovado National Park are special tours that require entrance fees and/or advance reservation. Let us know what Costa Rica rainforest activity in mind and if possible, we will try and set it up for you.